Instrumentation and measurement
Activities report of the IUVSTA Nanometer Structure Division (NSD), to ECM 127
March 26, 2018
NSD Activities report to ECM 127
This written report has been prepared by the division officers for the ECM 127 and covers the period between ECM 126 (29th and 1st October 2017 in Sofia) and ECM 127 to be held between 09 11 February 2018, Cebu Island in Philippines.
OFFICERS of the Nanometer Structures division NSD
Chair: Ana Cristina G. Silva, Portugal
Vice-chair: Christian Teichert, Austria
Secretary Sidney R. Cohen, Israel
IUVSTA Workshops and Schools
84th IUVSTA Workshop on “Surface Micro Spectroscopy and Spectro Microscopy: Nano-Characterization of Electronic Interfaces and Related Transport Phenomena” , September 2 5 September 2018, chaired by Sidney Cohen and Hagai Cohen from Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel:
– The initial invited speakers have been secured for the workshop.
– Together with the conference unit at the Weizmann Institute, the local arrangements have been
– Official website is open http://www.weizmann.ac.il/conferences/SMSEP2018/
– Abstract Submission deadline May 10, 2018
– Early bird Registration deadline July 1, 2018
17th IUVSTA SCHOOL on, 18 22 February, 2019, proposed by Ana G Silva, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Braga, Portugal:
– Deadline for all members of NSD division to suggest potential invited lectures: 15th January 2018
– Official website have been prepared and will open soon.
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS
ICN T July 22 27, 2018 with IUVSTA NSD as co organizer
ICN T 2018. ICNT 2018, Brno, Czech Republic http://icnt2018.org/abstract submission.htm#top
– Suggestions for potential invited and keynote speakers have been proposed to the main organizers. A confirmed list of invited speakers is already on webpage http://icnt2018.org/speakers.htm#top
IVC 21, July 1st 5th, 2019
The document is trying to connect to https://mkon.nu/IVC21
– A ranked list with suggestions for invited and plenary speakers has been proposed by NSD together with the ICN T Steering committee Co chairs. The ranked list has been proposed jointly (NSD and ICN T Steering committee co chairs).
87th Workshop on July 1 5, 2018 in Ávila, Spain: Suggestions for potential invited and keynote speakers have been proposed to the main organizers.
- 10th Jubilee Conference of the Balkan Physical Union (BPU10) to be organized by the Union of Physicists in Bulgaria, August 26 30, 2018.
- 9th International Workshop on Surface Physics Nanostructured surfaces, IWSP, July 2019, proposed date one week before or after IVC 21, July 2019, to be organized by Polish Vacuum Society and proposed by the Chair of Applied Surface Science Division ASSD, Leszek Markowsky.