Lake Shore Cryotronics showcasing new FastHall™ controller at MRS Spring
April 24, 2019
Instrument provides a cost-effective way to build a Hall measurement system – see the demo in Booth 327.
Columbus, OH (April 16, 2019) – Lake Shore Cryotronics, a leading innovator in solutions for measurement over a wide range of temperature and magnetic field conditions, will be demonstrating the new MeasureReady™ M91 FastHall™ measurement controller, a revolutionary, all-in-one instrument for complete Hall analysis, at next week’s MRS Spring Meeting in Phoenix.
Ideal for semiconductor material research, the M91 provides a cost-effective way to add state-of-the-art Hall measurement capability to a lab. It can be integrated easily with existing lab systems, delivers significantly higher levels of accuracy, speed, and convenience as compared to traditional Hall solutions, and works with any magnet type.
Combining all the necessary Hall measurement system functions into a single instrument, the M91 automatically executes measurement steps and provides better measurements faster, especially when working with lowmobility materials – up to 100x faster in many cases.
Its speed is mainly due to Lake Shore’s patented FastHall™ technology, which eliminates the need to reverse the magnetic field during the measurement. This is particularly beneficial when using superconducting magnets, which are relatively slow at completing field reversals.
In addition to the new instrument, Lake Shore representatives will be in MRS Spring Booth 327 discussing their:
▪ 8400 Series Hall effect measurement systems—complete, turnkey systems that are available with an AC field Hall option for characterizing materials with very low mobilities (down to 0.001 cm2/V s).
▪ Cryogenic probe stations for on-wafer DC, RF, or high-frequency measurements at temperatures as low as 1.6 K and in fields to more than 2 T (the affordable TTPX station will be on display in the booth).
▪ Award-winning 8600 Series VSMs which combine high sensitivity (15 nemu), rapid measurement speed (10 ms/pt), and simple operation in a system that allows researchers to perform more science in less time.
▪ Award-winning MeasureReady™ 155 precision current & voltage sources which provide a solid foundation for DC I-V and C-V curves, AC impedance, and other material measurements.
▪ Cryogenic thermometry products—including monitors, controllers, an AC resistance bridge, and sensors, such as industry-leading Cernox® sensors.
▪ New multi-axis and single-axis teslameters for highly accurate field measurements.
For more information about any of these products, visit www.lakeshore.com.